- How to hire a space
- Studio availability calendar
- Studio 1
- Studio 2
- Studio 3
- Bookings and Cancellations Policy
We have a number of spaces available for hire. Whether it's a show, rehearsal, photo or film shoot, auditions, band practice, writing session, seminar, ...we have a space for you.
All of our spaces are available to hire from 10am until late, but we are more than happy to accommodate times around your schedule the best that we can.
Please note that our studios are on the first floor and can only be accessed via stairs.
- To hire the auditorium or bring a show to The Cockpit, email dave [at] thecockpit [dot] org [dot] uk
- To hire a studio, call 020 7258 2925 (12-6pm, Monday-Saturday) - we take payment at the time of booking so please have your card ready.
You can also email your enquiry to studios [at] thecockpit [dot] org [dot] uk
- When emailing, please be sure to include a contact phone number, tell us what the activity is you're hiring for, and roughly how many people it will involve.
Also, see the Studio Users' Guide
Availability calendar: This gives you a guide to which spaces are free, but does not give the complete picture - do get in touch to check.
White space means there are slots available, but you'll need to contact us to check. Coloured blocks indicate which spaces have already been booked and for how long.
Studio 1 = Blue
Studio 2 = Green
Studio 3 = Yellow
The Auditorium is a large, versatile space seating up to ~240 in-the-round, or ~180 in our standard thrust configuration.
A virtual tour of the auditorium is available here: http://www.revolvingpicture.com/virtual-tours/cockpit/
Size: Approximately 8.6m x 6.6m (28ft x 22ft) playing space in thrust.
Guideline costs: Public event: Around £480 for a 5.5 hour block (e.g. 17.00-22.30) including box office, bar, front of house facilities and staffing, etc. Price negotiable according to length of run, complexity and anticipated attendance of heavy drinkers. Additional get-in and rehearsal time is flexible and negotiable and the fee includes technical support to get you started. Additional technical support of every kind available.
Dry hire: Around £30 per hour for non-public events such as rehearsals or film and photographic shoots for example that do not require technical support.
Studio 1 - Ideal for dance and large group activities
- A large bright room with heaps of natural daylight (windows have curtains for blackout too)
- Thick Harlequin rehearsal dance floor
- Mirrored wall (with curtains)
- 50" plasma screen with DVD player and VGA input for laptops
- Sound system with CD player and input for iPods/laptops.
- Small lighting rig with 30A power supply and 6-channel dimmer.
- There is also a small room available for changing in and short-term storage.
Size: Approximately 8m x 7m (26ft x 23ft)
Guideline cost: £20 per hour
Studio 2 - our smallest space and is used for small group rehearsals, auditions and readings.
- Good flat acoustic response (As an ex-recording studio, the space is acoustically treated, but is not soundproofed).
Size: Main room, approximately 5m x 5m (16ft x16ft). Live room, approximately 2m x 2m (7ft x 7ft)
Guideline cost: £8 per hour
Studio 3 - ideal for meetings, writing sessions, table readings.
- A bright, tall room with four large skylights
- Tables and chairs, available.
- Whiteboards are available
- Phone and internet connections available.
Size: Approximately 5m x 6m (16ft x 20ft)
Guideline cost: £11 per hour