- How to hire a space
- Studio availability calendar
- Studio 1
- Studio 2
- Studio 3
- Bookings and Cancellations Policy
We have a number of spaces available for hire. Whether it's a show, rehearsal, photo or film shoot, auditions, writing session, seminar, ...we have a space for you.
All of our spaces are available to hire from 10am until late, but we are more than happy to accommodate times around your schedule the best that we can.
Please note that our studios are on the first floor and can only be accessed via stairs.
- To hire bring a show to The Cockpit, email davethecockpit [dot] org [dot] uk
- To hire a studio, call 020 7258 2925 (12-6pm, Monday-Saturday) - we take payment at the time of booking so please have your card ready.
You can also email your enquiry to studiosthecockpit [dot] org [dot] uk
- When emailing, please be sure to include a contact phone number, tell us what the activity is you're hiring for, and roughly how many people it will involve.
Also, see the Studio Users' Guide
Availability calendar: This gives you a guide to which spaces are free, but does not give the complete picture - do get in touch to check. Opening times vary on Sundays.
White space means there are slots available, but you'll need to contact us to check. Coloured blocks indicate which spaces have already been booked and for how long.
Studio 1 = Blue
Studio 2 = Green
Studio 3 = Yellow
The Auditorium is a large, versatile space seating up to ~220 in-the-round, or ~170 in thrust configuration.
A virtual tour of the auditorium is available here: http://www.revolvingpicture.com/virtual-tours/cockpit/
Size: Approximately 8.6m x 6.6m (28ft x 22ft) playing space in thrust. In the round its about a 6.6 m playing space with the seats in or 11m x 11m with the seats out. Total headroom is 8 m.
Guideline costs: Public event: Around £490 for a 5.5 hour block (e.g. 17.00-22.30) including box office, bar, front of house facilities and staffing, etc. But you will need to factor in get-in time during the day for technical work , rehearsal etc at about £50 an hour on top of that for a one day event. This means longer runs of more than one day are generally more economical. Price negotiable according to length of run, complexity and anticipated attendance of drinkers. Additional get-in and rehearsal time is flexible and negotiable and the fee includes technical support to get you started. Additional technical support of every kind available.
Dry hire: Around £30 per hour for non-public, dry-hire events such as rehearsals or £60 and hour for film and photographic shoots for that require stage lights and/or technical support.
Studio 1 - Ideal for dance and large group activities
- A large bright room with heaps of natural daylight (windows have curtains for blackout too)
- Thick Harlequin rehearsal dance floor
- Mirrored wall (with curtains)
- 50" plasma screen with DVD player and VGA input for laptops
- Sound system with CD player and input for iPods/laptops.
- Small lighting rig with 30A power supply and 6-channel dimmer.
- There is also a small room available for changing in and short-term storage.
Size: Approximately 8m x 7m (26ft x 23ft)
Weekend half day rate: £65 (10am - 2pm or 2pm - 6pm)
Studio 2 - our smallest space and is used for small group rehearsals, auditions and readings. Not recommended for dance/movement rehearsals or large companies.
- Good flat acoustic response (As an ex-recording studio, the space is acoustically treated, but is not soundproofed).
- There is no natural daylight in this room (as there are no windows) but still plenty of light.
- Extractor fan which removes the warm air from the room. No air conditioning.
Size: Main room, approximately 5m x 5m (16ft x16ft).
Hourly rate: £8 per hour
Studio 3 - ideal for meetings, writing sessions, table readings.
- A bright, tall room with four large skylights
- Tables and chairs, available.
- Whiteboards are available
- Phone and internet connections available.
Size: Approximately 5m x 6m (16ft x 20ft)
Hourly rate: £12 per hour
Yamaha PSR-E343 Electric Piano with stand (Can be used anywhere in the building.)
Five octave (61 keys) full-size keyboard with touch response
Connectivity - 1 x Headphone Out
Please note: although this electric piano can be used with a compatible sustain pedal, we do not have one on site. You are welcome to bring your own.